New Business & Developments
- The University of West Florida is expanding its Pensacola campus to include an east campus restaurant area. The development site will feature a mix of culinary and retail vendors with price points targeted for the university community as well as the general public. UWF broke ground on this project April 4.
- Freeport’s newest luxury community, Marina Village, is quickly gaining momentum. Randy Wise Homes Inc., the developer, has successfully completed four homes, with plans to construct 56 others in the first phase. The 80-acre community features an exclusive marina and natural jogging trails, as well as a community clubhouse, pool and playground facility.
- On July 3, Destin Commons will host the grand opening of its newest addition — a 100,000-square-foot expansion two years in the making. The new construction has provided 22 new retail and restaurant spaces. New tenants include H&M and Bass Pro Shop’s Uncle Buck’s Fishbowl & Grill.
- Once complete, Destin’s Chateau 30A will be a 28-unit luxury condominium building located in the heart of Seagrove Beach. This new construction will feature a modern design and stunning views of the Gulf of Mexico from its upper levels. Plans to break ground are set for September 2014, with a projected finish by the end of 2015. Units, priced between $550,000 to $600,000, are being reserved now.
Courtesy Emerald Homes
Town of Prominence
- With the construction of Prominence underway, Walton County is preparing to welcome a whole new “town” that will include nearly 600 residences. Being described as an “essential part of the 30A community,” Prominence will be nestled on the north and south sides of 30A near Alys Beach, Watersound and Camp Creek. In addition to the Pool Houses — which will house a resort-style pool, private cabanas, an outdoor dining pavilion, a fitness center and bathhouses — the community will also feature a Town Center, with plans to include a large covered event pavilion — a central gathering place with a cinema screen for movies as well as a stage for concerts and other events. The first phase of residential properties is already complete.
- Windsor Trace, the first of Florida’s “Southern Living Inspired Communities,” is nearing completion. Developed by The Naumann Group Real Estate Inc. and constructed by Pitman’s Custom Construction, this up-and-coming neighborhood will have 12 home sites, two of which appeared in Tallahassee’s May 2014 Parade of Homes. Prices start at $389,000.
- Naumann Group is also developing the Brownstones at Midtown — an upscale townhome row located on 6th Avenue behind the Orleans at Midtown plaza. The four-unit complex is being built by Robert Bass Custom Construction and has an estimated completion date of Aug. 31. The Brownstones will range from $299,900 to $314,900.
- NAI TALCOR’s property Magnolia Grove, located on the corner of Magnolia and Apalachee, has begun construction. The newly erected Buffalo Wild Wing’s will soon be joined by a McDonald’s, a four-story Home 2 Suites by Hilton hotel and 35,800 square feet of variety retail.
- Urban Street Development — the Fort Lauderdale-based group overseeing the design, build and management of FSU CollegeTown — has announced that 42 urban-style loft condominiums will be available for purchase at Railyard Lofts at CollegeTown. Priced from the mid $200s, these units are being marketed to alumni and Seminole enthusiasts. Amenities include communal firepits and grilling stations, a fitness facility, individual decks and stainless steel appliances.
- The owners of Apalachicola’s Up the Creek Raw Bar opened a new restaurant in early April called Up the Stairs. Offering a retro-inspired, upscale menu with signature cocktails, the new restaurant is situated at 76 Market Street, Suite F. Patrons must be 21 or older.